PSALM OF THE CRUCIFIX
Michel Quoist in his "Prayers of Life" has a prayer about how we each have our own cross which fits us exactly, as Christís cross fitted him. There is also a reference to the Good Friday antiphon.
- We adore you, Christ, and we bless you:
because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world.
- Saviour of the world, you've redeemed us by your passion:
save us and help us now, we humbly pray.
- Lord Jesus, you suffered on the cross alone:
be close to those whose lonely suffering is hard to bear.
- Your pain was undeserved:
help innocent victims in their agonies.
- For your cross fitted you so perfectly:
grant us the strength to carry the crosses of this present moment.
- Your hands and feet were nailed to the wood:
preserve the faith and hope of those who are powerless.