PSALM FOR PALM SUNDAY
Singing and processions mark this day, a week before Easter. But it is Holy Week, the central pivot of the Christian year, including the remembrance of Christís death on a cross, as well as his rising again at Easter.
- The sun shines out on our joyful procession:
the spring comes with daffodils and branches of palm.
- We rejoice to welcome the coming of our king:
Jesus rides into our city with shouts of triumph.
- For this is the week of all weeks:
Holy Week is the pivot of all our faith.
- Who is this king of glory riding to his death:
who is this man of sorrows ignored in our urban world?
- Our generation doesn't see him as he was in Palestine:
but Christ is still present in our streets and in our homes.
- This cross of palm we take out in our hands:
so help us take up our cross in our daily lives.