PSALM OF PRAISE
When I first began writing "psalms," I noticed other people were also writing poetic prayers, and sometimes calling them psalms, too. This is based on some words of Jan Fortune-Wood, which I found in The Good Wine by Josephine Bax. The praise of God is sometimes experienced as a kind of satisfying of my thirst, especially in Biblical writings from a hot country.
- We bless you, God our creator:
let us praise your name with rejoicing.
- We cried to you in thirst and longing:
with yearning hearts we searched,
with parched and dried up souls we prayed to you.
- You, who are love, have listened to our call:
you've had compassion on our thirst.
- In love you have allowed us to drink of the Son:
in mercy you have given us the water of life.
- So we rejoice in you, our God:
for you are our creator, redeemer and sustainer.
- We celebrate with thanksgiving the greatness of God:
Blessed are you, the creator of all.