PSALM OF GROWING OLD
- I love to reminisce of olden days:
memories of long ago are not my problem.
- It’s not so bad a deal, a poor memory:
we stand a better chance of being creative.
- God, you know me well, I’m getting older:
one day I shall be old, if I survive.
- Great to be more confident, to say what I like:
but not to get too talkative, ever boring;
- I do want to have some friends towards the end:
give me grace to listen to younger people.
- It happens to human beings – growing old:
but the option of growing up is ours to choose.