PSALM FOR A FRIEND
- You wouldn’t preach in private, undogmatic:
your frame of iron rooted deep in faith,
- helping us find a place, encouraging the venture:
you make me feel important, with something to offer.
- Committed to working together, always with others:
not screening the obvious blocks but on the level.
- Generous, gentle and positive always serving:
pushing us into new places we wanted to go.
- Still you’re always there, an anchor holding:
questioning the unquestioned, a raised eyebrow,
- in rigid ways of worship, sitting loose:
in established hierarchies, waiting outside.
- A greater person than credited, probing and fresh:
you’re breaking down the pillars, like George Fox!