PSALM OF "RE-INCARNATION"
- Where was I, before I was born?
there’s a mystery in all beginnings!
- It’s as if there are previous doings and places:
memories of a dim and distant other.
- For you are there before ever I was:
you brought me to be in my mother’s womb;
- your love was there in my parents:
and in their parents too, for all existence!
- Where shall I be, after I have died?
there’s a mystery in all our endings!
- It’s as if there are shadows of those I’ve known:
the past still seems to be around me today.
- For you are there after all has gone:
you are always with those who have died;
- your love is there in friends departed:
if I’m close to you, I’m close to them too!
- If I jet off through the sunset sky:
like the sun, you go with me, and are there before me!
- If I drown in the depths of despair:
though I’m unaware of you, that’s when you carry me.
- For you are there in heaven and in hell:
even when I want you away, you never let me go;
- your love is beside me through thick and thin:
as you’re here now, you are here for ever.