PSALM OF LOVE
- You did not let me go, powerful God:
while I was only a child your presence entrapped me.
- When my father was horrid you were good:
you were a ready parent while others were busy.
- Deeply depressed or lonely I could speak to you:
or pray in my private solitude surrounded by bullies.
- You do not let me go, working God:
in the daily round of living you stand beside me.
- When everything is difficult you can encourage:
if colleagues are useless or awful you’ll understand.
- Help me be eager to celebrate our best achievements:
to offer you my busy-ness and exhaustion in life.
- You will not let me go, loving God:
even in the shadow of death I know you are with me.
- As I face increasing losses, you come closer:
for you know dereliction in a crucified Christ.
- Whatever may happen to me you will not desert me:
Grant me to hold to your love that clings to me.