PSALM OF ADORATION
These words are much used by Franciscans (verses 1,2, and 5). Verses 3 and 4 are from Isaiah.40.31. In this form, they can be used responsively, by a leader and group, either speaking the two halves of the verses, or a verse each.
- We adore you here, most holy Lord:
as in all your churches in every land,
- we bless your name, Lord Jesus Christ:
by your holy Cross you have saved the world.
- Those who trust will find strength renewed:
and those who seek will fly like eagles,
- they will run and not get weary again:
they will walk and never grow too faint.
- Praise our God all those who serve:
both small and great who worship together,
- for yours is the Spirit to fire our hearts:
the holy and strong to power our love.