PSALM OF THE MANAGER
The 23rd Psalm of David is about a God who cares for his people, which should be the mark of a good manager, too. It may not always be clear what is my final aim, but the Good Manager will make sure I have work, and that I can feel confident in improving at my work.
- God is my gracious manager:
I know I'll always have a job to do.
- You make certain I take responsibility:
you see that I'm kept up to the mark.
- You help me feel confident in my work:
when things begin to get difficult
you're always on hand to listen,
- when we're successful, you congratulate us:
you encourage us all in our common enterprise.
- Into our community you bring your communion:
as we work together you give strength to sustain us.
- Now I have a purpose I can aim for:
the final goal may not be clear,
but I can see what I have to do next;
- for you give me the target I need:
and together with my colleagues
we'll achieve what's to be done.