PSALM OF SINGING
In the 150th psalm of David, there is an exuberance expressed in increasing numbers of musical instruments, ending with "everything that has breath." This is a modern psalm doing the same thing with a variety of musical styles, all of which may be making the praises of God heard today.
- Long live God, my creator:
let us join in a chorus of praise.
- Thank God in music and singing:
with records, tapes and stereo.
- Thank God in psalms and anthems:
in choirs and places where they sing.
- Thank God in black Gospel choirs:
moving with a hand-clap side to side.
- Thank God with jazz and soulful melodies:
on trombone, saxophone and trumpet.
- Thank God in orchestra and bandstand:
in streets and pubs and concert-halls.
- Thank God in rock and roll discos:
with electronic sound and rhythm.
- Young and old sing together:
"Long live God, the Sovereign of all."