PSALM OF QUIET
A way to start to pray - some of the words are from David Adam (his Celtic prayers) and some from Dag Hammarsjold (his book Markings). I hope you find them as helpful as I do.
- God be with me as I pray
come into the quiet within me.
- Calm me as you silenced the storm
still me to hear your voice.
- Cease all the tumult inside me
enfold me in the garment of your peace.
- Grant us purity in heart, so we may see you
a quiet heart, so we may listen.
- Grant us a humble heart, so we may hear you
a loving heart so we may serve.
- Grant us a faithful heart so we may love you
for I do not fully know you, but I am yours.
- Since the longest journey of all is the journey inwards
I do not comprehend, but I'm able to travel.
- I don't know when it was that I answered Yes
but from that moment on, you are the Way.
David Adam (vv.1-3) & Dag Hammarsjold (from Eric Jamesí sermon in Westminster Abbey Nov 1st 1998 in "Who is This?" 2001). Psalm of the Month, Mar 04