- You have given the Queen a long life
we used to look back with pride to the age of Victoria;
- the Elizabethan age has also been great
for half a century you've given us your blessings.
- The Royal Family has served our country
we've looked up to their pattern of life,
- through difficulties and problems we've seen serenity
in joys and celebrations we've admired their graciousness.
- They've helped us belong to a family of nations
no longer exploiting an empire, we've learned to share our gifts,
- across national and racial barriers we can meet as equals
we don't need to be divided because of religion.
- No-one can live without blame throughout such changes
becoming a focus in uncertainty can earn some respect.
- For humanity is royal when vulnerable or wounded
monarchy is to serve the future as well as the past.
- We praise you for your gift to our nation
God save our common hopes and save our Queen.
- For you are the Sovereign of all peoples
help us to share our humanity with all the world.
As in several of the kingly Psalms, especially Ps. 21. Some of the phrases are from Canon Eric James.