Fr Kelly, speaking to students joining a religious community, has advice for any of us about community living.
- To start on a journey is difficult enough:
but by coming together at first we can make a beginning.
- Keeping together in our search is progress:
real success will appear in our working together.
- How pleasant it is to be together:
the starting of a partnership is always a honeymoon!
- But then how awful that other one becomes:
why are the others so selfish when we are together?
- If that's how it seems to them, then what of me:
how difficult a person am I for the others to cope with?
- For I'd never noticed what failings I have:
but when we are working together it's hard to avoid them!
- At last I realise how good our God is:
how patient you are with us all and with our impossibilities.