This psalm expresses some of the ideas of marriage, in a form which may be used publicly or privately, at a wedding or a wedding anniversary.
- The church bells greet the blushing bride:
the bridegroom welcomes her to his side with a nervous smile.
- In front of their families and friends they declare their love:
they commit their lives to one another in the presence of God.
- "All that I am I give to you:
and all that I have I share with you."
- Blessed are you, the God of our parents:
you give joy to husband and wife.
- Blessed are you, Lord Jesus Christ:
you too were present at a wedding in Galilee.
- Blessed are you, Holy Spirit of God:
when we are together, you are between us.
- As we know each other in love:
may we feel your love more deeply, God of love;
- when we let each other down:
may we know that you will never forsake us.
- For a wedding is another beginning again:
the triumph and fulfilment of all our hopes.
- We build our future on marriage and family life:
we can have better marriages as we enrich our lives.
- We celebrate the magic and the mystery of love:
grant us to live through our failures and find greater glories.