I wrote this psalm, after reading David Adam's "Celtic" prayers, based on the ordinary (everyday) activities of country people in the north of England. My fire happens to be a gas one, not a coal fire, but I still have to bend down to light it!
- As I bend to light the fire in my heart
Holy Spirit, I kneel to lay my life before you.
- Kindle a flame in my heart toda
light your love in me so it will last for ever.
- For your love can warm me and those I lov
your inspiration fires my neighbours and my friends.
- You brighten the way for all my famil
bring new light for us and our community.
- Fulfil my heart's desire to be taken up in yo
let me continue to guard the holy fire.
- Then your glory will burn for ever within u
warming the world with prayer and fervent praise.