PSALM OF ANGER
I have always worked in a team of people. It's wonderful, most of the time! But there are occasions, just as in a marriage, when things get quite impossible. There's little you can do except kick the dog, or pray .
- God, I am so frustrated
anger boils inside me and I don't know how to express it.
- Other people are so selfish
I'm infuriated that we don't seem able to communicate -
- it seemed so much easier before
now I'm getting older I'm less able to suffer fools;
- for I know what's best to do
why won't they agree with me?
- It may be simply my own fault
am I intolerant of others and their right to disagree?
- It's difficult to work with other people
one at a time they're friendly, but not at work together -
- for we seem to want only to prove how good we are
we're not prepared to work with another's ideas;
- but yet it's hard to say so
it sounds so childish to be very angry!
- Let me blow off steam to you
at least you won't shout back, or take offence.
- Is it possible for me to be honest and yet polite
can I get something done, but without the hassle?
- Help me to feel their anger as well as my own
to play down negative feelings and strive for improvement,
- for you know my energies can be useful
co-operation is much more satisfying when it works!