PSALM OF MINISTRY
- God, you spoke to me first in my family
my early memories are of a group of three.
- As I learned more of you, it was among a group of friends
just as Jesus chose others to continue in his trials,
- the twelve to be with him together
his special friends were three from among them.
- Sometimes I imagine you call me by myself
but you want to save me with my sisters and brothers.
- It's in our relationships that you speak with us
in groups of your followers today we find your Spirit is with us;
- my family and friends help me laugh at myself
those with whom I work can bring me joy and a sense of purpose.
- Now I am my brother's keeper
we are all citizens of the world;
- it is the nations you command us to teach
in the groups where we are, you want us as leaven.
- Where two or three are gathered in each place
there are you among us according to your promise;
- we learn to co-operate in our endeavours
so we can recognise you in one another.
Compare psalm 139, but this is a meditation on groups we belong to.