NON CONFORMIST PSALM
- My God, you make me furious, creating humanity:
or should I blame our leaders, and let you off the hook?
- The manager makes his decision dismissing staff:
no matter redundancy now, if the business survives;
- a government must win the vote, without objectors:
a leak or a mole in the system will need flushing out;
- the church is an institution, struggling to succeed:
but a single individual can be expendable;
- at all costs the rules must be kept, holding the line:
we must not weaken the stock, bending to fashion.
- Why have you made us like this, uncaring and hard:
the establishment is what we worship, not our God!
- May I speak out against war and not be a ’traitor:’
or not be accused of racism, denouncing Israel?
- Can I be against the government and not be disloyal:
or not be called an infidel for being a Moslem?
- If the vote goes the way I don’t want, swallow my pride:
will we stay loyal to the ship, even when holed?
- Help me participate in life and not be a victim:
to work to shape a future, not a slave to events;
- for the final event is death, awaiting conquest:
my daily losses and dyings may help me prepare.