PSALM OF PRAYER
- I don’t often hear too well, when others are speaking:
even when we’re good at hearing, we don’t always listen!
- And you, my God, are speaking each watchful day:
you are communicating with me through your communion.
- Does tradition always require me to talk to you:
to fill the void between us by saying my prayers?
- For talking to other people helps make me who I am:
conversation is the way that I am converted -
- I have to try out my ideas by putting them into words:
what I come to believe starts out from what I say -
- yet it’s easy to prattle on and talk too much:
to accumulate my growing treasure of words and prayers.
- The service in church is a dialogue of priest and people:
by speaking with one another we listen to you.
- Teach me also to listen with eager patience:
to await your dawning voice and discover your glory.