PSALM OF ENDINGS
- Parting is always hell whatever they say:
in life as in conversation ending is always hard.
- Closure, they say, is needed to solve the problem:
as if pain will go away, like shutting a book.
- Endings are deadly difficult, palled in guilt:
full of grief and sadness for a past that is gone.
- But to let go is also important, to look to the future:
guard the distance between you, like healing the wound;
- there’s a place in every funeral to rejoice:
at the fall of the final curtain we applaud.